Archive for June, 2011
It turns out I just needed to properly follow instructions on the internet.
- Install Microsoft VirtualPC (2007 SP1 is the version I used)
- Use Sysinternals/Microsoft Disk2VHD to create a .vhd from your hard drive (I used an external enclosure to be able to attach the drive to my computer)
- In VirtualPC (You can cancel the new machine wizard if you just installed it) go through the File->Virtual Disk wizard to convert your .vhd to fixed size. I saved this as a new file.
- Convert your .vhd to a .vmc (virtualbox image) on the command line. My command line was:
"C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox"\vboxmanage convertdd i:\Sharp_FixedSize.VHD i:\sharp_fixedSize.vdi
- Create a Virtual Machine configured in Virtual Box properly and specify to use your new .vmc file
- Profit! (Or look up how to get drivers installed, and where I put my Windows 95 Disk, and where to properly dispose of ancient laptop)